Alexander Graham Middle School Dress Code Standards
Alexander Graham Middle students are expected to continue a tradition of appropriate dress for school and school-related events. Generally, students conduct themselves in a manner similar to the way in which they dress and groom. For this reason, Alexander Graham has established the following guidelines:
- Students are required to wear shoes at all times for health and safety reasons.
- Abusive, suggestive or profane language, symbols of illegal drugs, or any words, symbols or slogans that disrupt the learning environment may not be worn on clothing or jewelry.
- The following items MUST NOT be worn at school:
- bedroom shoes
- pants that are worn below the waist or revealing clothing beneath the main outerwear
- shorts or skirts should be no shorter than “fist” length and should provide appropriate coverage of the posterior area
- shirts or pants exposing the stomach or being excessively tight
- see-through tops, or tops low-cut in the front, or in the back
- headgear including bandannas, stocking caps, hoods, hats, doo-rags, or sunglasses (with an exception for school-sponsored fundraising events or school approved activities)
- All students will be responsible for following the dress code as established by Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools. Extreme styles of clothing and grooming may be detrimental to the maintenance of discipline, student safety, and student morale in the school. Student dress or grooming that is substantially and materially disruptive to the learning environment or to student health and safety is prohibited. Any type of dress or grooming that the principal deems disruptive will not be permitted and a parent will be contacted to correct the dress code infraction.